520 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Ryan DuBose is a Senior Associate at Bick Law LLP. Prior to joining Bick Law, Ryan was an associate at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP where he practiced general and complex litigation. Ryan has experience in a wide range of practice areas, including environmental, white collar investigations, labor and employment, intellectual property, commercial litigation, and sports law. Ryan has represented and advised clients from a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, manufacturing, retail and apparel, and oil and gas.
Ryan received his Juris Doctor degree magna cum laudein 2012 from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as Articles Research Editor for the San Diego Law Review, was elected to the Order of the Coif, and received multiple CALI awards (awarded to the student with the highest class grade). He received his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laudein English and Psychology in 2002 from Georgetown University, where he served as Student Body President, Chairman of Hoya Blue, President of the Habitat for Humanity club, was involved in theater and tutoring inner-city children, and received the outstanding community service scholarship award. Ryan grew up in Huntington Beach, California, graduating from Huntington Beach High School in 1998, where he was Valedictorian, Student Body President, Captain of the Varsity Football team, and involved in school theater.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif,2012
- Georgetown University, B.A., English and Psychology, cum laude, 2002
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of California, 2012
- Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit
- Representation of a former shipbuilding client in connection with CERCLA allocation and cleanup actions in Oregon involving contaminated sediments in the Willamette River arising from a wide variety of industrial activity over a 100 year period.
- Representation of multiple clients accused of HSAA, breach of contract, and/or other tort violations stemming from contaminated land.
- Defended a technology support provider in a complex copyright infringement suit.
- Prosecuted a suit for a major sports apparel company against former employees involving claims of intellectual property theft and violations of non-compete clauses.
- Defended a major sports apparel company in a suit involving allegations of intentional interference of contract regarding the endorsement of an internationally-known athlete.
- Defended multiple clients in wage and hour class action litigation.
- Defended a client in the oil and gas sector in an SEC FCPA enforcement suit.